Business Development Associate – Toronto
PenderFund Capital Management Ltd (“Pender”) is an independent, employee-owned, value-based investment firm in Vancouver, offering investment funds to investors across Canada. We are one of the fastest growing investment firms in Canada, and our goal is to be the first choice for investors looking to protect and grow their capital.
We are seeking a Business Development Associate to support one of our two Regional Sales Managers located in Toronto. The successful candidate will identify, develop and strengthen relationships within a specific territory to achieve significant net sales results. We are looking for someone who can undertake this role from their home office in the Greater Toronto Area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Regional Sales Manager to execute an annual territory business plan focused on the development and strengthening of long-term relationships with investment advisors.
- Working with the Regional Sales Manager to increase sales and market share of Pender products by conducting proactive sales calls with new and existing investment advisors.
- Representing Pender at branch visits, client seminars, branch presentations, road shows, and conferences.
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of Pender’s Funds and industry trends in the market, and for advisors and their investors.
- Updating daily call activities and maintaining accurate records within salesforce.com on a timely basis.
Skills and qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of the securities industry and particularly of stock and bond markets and how they relate to mutual funds.
- Ability create and maintain client relationships.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to be a great team player.
- Superior customer service skills. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
Additional strengths you may bring to the role:
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course or willingness to complete within one year.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com a strong asset.
What’s in it for you?
- A full-time position with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
- Ongoing training to develop market and product knowledge, and sales skills.
- Opportunity to attend multiple client events throughout the year.
Candidates can apply by emailing a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. We will be accepting applications as long as this posting appears on the Pender website. We thank all those who apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.