Sales Manager, Institutional Sales – Eastern Canada
PenderFund Capital Management Ltd. is an independent, employee-owned investment firm located in Vancouver, British Columbia offering investment funds in public equities, private equity and credit to investors across Canada. We are one of the fastest growing investment firms in Canada, and our goal is to be the first choice for investors looking to protect and grow their capital.
We are looking to expand our business further into the institutional market with a particular focus on Family Offices and Foundations and are seeking an experienced professional with an entrepreneurial drive and existing institutional relationships to join the team.
Job Type: Full Time
- Develop a system and implement strategies to generate prospective leads.
- Initiate, grow and retain relationships with family offices, foundations, endowments, pension plans and consultants.
- Coordinate with the Pender team on investment committee presentations, conferences, marketing, relationship management and other events.
- Conduct one on one and investment committee sales presentations with prospects.
- Communicate Pender’s fund offerings to prospects and clients with various levels of financial sophistication.
- Leverage the firm’s CRM database to enhance sales activities and documentation.
- Report to the Director of Institutional Sales & Service.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree required. Masters degree or CFA is an asset.
- 5 to 10 years of experience with a proven track record of successful institutional sales.
- In depth industry knowledge.
- Strong prospecting, lead generation and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work self-directed and also be a contributing team member.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Project management experience.
- Strong business development and negotiation skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Ability to work remotely.
What’s in it for you?
This position comes with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package with opportunities for ongoing professional development. Candidates can apply by emailing a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. We will be accepting applications as long as this posting appears on the Pender website. We thank all those who apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.