Senior Fin/Ops Position
PenderFund Capital Management Ltd (“PenderFund”) is an independent, employee-owned investment firm based in Vancouver, offering investment funds across Canada. We are one of the fastest growing investment firms in Canada, and our goal is to be the first choice for investors looking to protect and grow their capital.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual who will work as part of the Finance, Operations and Compliance and Accounting team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will be a well-organized team- player able to learn quickly and collaborate to achieve the team objectives.
Candidate must have:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- Full Cycle bookkeeping and financial statement preparation experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and SAGE Simply Accounting.
- Private equity fund accounting experience would be an asset.
- Holding or working toward an accounting designation is preferred.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and work ethic.
Duties will include:
- Perform full cycle accounting and tax preparation for companies and funds managed by PenderFund, including preparation of information for financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare weekly pricing information for public dissemination.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Work with external fund administrator, auditors and the CFO.
- Assist PenderFund’s CCO in compliance and oversight, including tracking regulatory filing dates and assisting with submission of various regulatory filings.
- Other related operations and other duties as required or assigned.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits.
- Ongoing training to develop market and product knowledge, and financial operations.
Candidates can apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org