Summer Intern – Private Equity/Venture Capital
PenderFund Capital Management Ltd (“Pender”) is an independent, employee-owned, value-based investment firm founded in 2003 to invest in emerging technology companies.
We’ve grown from a couple of investing misfits into a diverse and inclusive workplace of over 40 people. We believe being diverse and inclusive simply makes us better. We have more rounded conversations, which lead to smarter decisions, which drives performance for our clients. Not all of us have backgrounds in financial services and this is one of the best ways in which we are diverse – we bring a range of knowledge and experience to every scenario.
We are seeking a dedicated Summer Intern to assist the Private Equity/Venture Capital investment team with industry research, deal flow screening, special projects and general research support. Our Private Equity/Venture Capital group is one of the largest investors in early stage technology companies in Western Canada with approximately $150 million invested across 24 investments. Our Summer Intern will gain experience through:
- Conducting in-depth sector analysis on current trends in various technology sectors
- Assisting with due-diligence efforts on prospective investments
- Performing other projects relating to the Private Equity/Venture Capital team
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate pursuing an undergraduate degree in STEM with a keen interest in business. The successful candidate will have:
- A strong interest in the fields of investment and technology, or entrepreneurship
- A basic understanding of financial statements
- Proficiency in MS Office, Slack, CRMs, with knowledge of databases such as MS Access; the ability to code is a plus
- A self-starting attitude, high motivation and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Curiosity about how businesses work, resourcefulness and critical thinking skills
- The ability to focus on details, complete tasks thoroughly and accurately
- A team orientation and desire to work in a fast‐paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication, administrative and organizational skills
If you are interested in the world of investing and looking for opportunities to network within the venture capital and private equity industry, we’d love to hear from you.
Candidates can apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary and terms are negotiable. We will accept applications as long as this posting appears on the PenderFund website. We thank all those who apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.